Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Monguno, Borno
Desired Start Date: 20/1/2018
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Probation period: 2 months
Goal / Purpose:
- The WASH Assistant is in charge of supporting the Multisector Project Coordinator and the Activity Managers towards the good implementation, achievement and reporting of the objectives defined in the proposals;
- S/he guarantees the proper coordination mechanisms are in place inside the operational teams in the different areas of intervention, and in cooperation with the Multisector Project Coordinator.
Project relevance, quality and design:
- Contribute to establishing operational assessment and evaluations activities;
- Contribute to define SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s WASH local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities, especially activities targeting vulnerable people and IDPs in Borno State;
- Support the implementation of the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s technical requirements;
- Participate in evaluating the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual development and the population’s needs;
- Propose to the Multisector Project Coordinator adjustments to the programs, if necessary;
- Participate in building the teams abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies;
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanism are in place for the programs to ensure transparency accountability of SI activities;
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals;
Implementation and operational monitoring:
- Support the Activity Managers in planning their operational activities;
- Propose quality criteria and monitoring indicators for programs;
- Anticipate any issues linked with carrying out the activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities;
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments;
- Meet the deadlines and adhere to predefined quality specifications;
- Support the Multisector Project Coordinator in ensuring the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools are in each operational department;
Institutional Knowledge Building – IKB:
- Use the IKB tools proposed by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL ;
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the multisector activities;
- In collaboration with the Multisector Project Coordinator, set up technical trainings depending on the operational needs and identified training requirements;
- Lead working groups and thematic meetings with the support of the Multisector Project Coordinator;
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his/her direct supervision on a regular basis;
- Ensure adherence to SI security regulations and reinforce them with his/her team.
- Build up on SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (and stakeholders) intervention methods and techniques;
- Ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the mission external hard drive;
- Define the prerequisites for opened positions together with the Multisector Program Manager;
- Greet and brief the new staff working on the program;
Reporting/ Communication / Representation:
- Pass upward to the Multisector Project Coordinator and Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL activities and safety of the teams
- In collaboration with the Multisector Project Coordinator, and administrative department, support the preparation of administrative documents (MoU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partner’s;
- Coordinate with field representatives in accordance with management guidelines;
- Coordinate with support team (Logistic and Administration) as well as field team involved on the program;
- Represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so;
- Support the drafting of activities reports and amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities and for internal purposes (weekly and monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the Multisector Program Manager;
- Ensure that all reports required by the Multisector Project Coordinator are delivered on time and in the correct format;
- In his/her assignment area, might be appointed to represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at meeting or forums concerning the activities;
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages: English, Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks.
- Training: University degree in Water and Sanitation or Environmental or Water Resources Development or in one of the Civil Engineering disciplines of Water Supply and/or Hydrology, hydrogeology or Sanitation/Hygiene Engineering.
- Relevant experience on deep borehole drilling and development will be highly appreciated
- Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, GIS, and drawing software (autocad).
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com the subject of the email should be the title/location and the CV/Cover Letter should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
Hardcopy and the title of the related position must be written on the envelope and addressed to:
Solidarités International Office,
No 8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo Ground,
Note: Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date
Application Deadline 9th January, 2018.