Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
This Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and reports directly to the Field Coordinator. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager supports the implementation of monitoring and evaluation component of all programs and projects in Yobe state and also provides accountability to ensure efficiency in project deliverables.
The tasks and responsibilities includes;
- Monitor grant activities and ensure that the organization’s project complies with donor performance reporting requirements.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify necessary changes and future opportunities, DQAs, baseline and end line studies, post distribution monitoring knowledge attitude and practice surveys.
- Participate in the management and administration of the electronic cash platform (Redrose).
- Develop Terms of Reference for assessments, internal reviews and validate project data.
- Develop quarterly reporting with other members of the team including general management of the mission accountability framework (CRM) in Damaturu.
- Contribute to the learning process through documentation of case studies and success stories and also support the mission annual beneficiary count process.
- Provide on the job training, coaching and organized sessions to staff and other partners.
- Lead the preparation of comprehensive M&E plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting.
- Promote the use of participatory data collection techniques involving beneficiaries, institutions and partners in the project.
- Develop and revise internal and external reports ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and results based on M&E findings.
- Manage the centralized information database by regularly updating contextual information dashboard with current, explicit data and statistics to support during regional situational analysis, program updates, concepts and proposal development.
The successful candidate will have;
- A degree or equivalent in social sciences, statistics, Development studies International relations, mathematics, business administration or computer science, with relevant experience in information management including data analysis and GIS in emergency or development sector.
- At least four years of experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming.
- The ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient use of SPSS, STATA, Epi-info softwares.
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage.
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of social behavior change and nutrition sensitive programming preferably.
The Field Manager position is based in Dutse, Jigawa and reports to the Country Director. The Field Manager is responsible for managing the field office and portfolio, ensure safety and security of staff and assets including the management of support team.
The task and responsibilities includes;
- Monitor the PCM (Project Cycle Management) as well as implementation of project activities in line with different work plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of procedures and processes and followed to provide coordinated support for program departments from support departments (logistics/finance/human resources).
- Maintain and update security plans (procedural, SOP, MOSS, health, evacuation) and security network at the field level.
- Monitor the compliance of ACTION AGAINST HUNGER financial, logistics and HR guidelines including donor policies and guidelines.
- Facilitate meetings with support department and project managers on a regular basis to ensure coordination of all cross‐over issues.
- Develop effective communications between Field Coordinators, and field level support managers to ensure support department performance remains optimal.
- Develop clear guidelines, working styles and tools to ensure a more effective support to program development and implementation.
- Build relationship with stakeholders at the local level of responsibility and liaise/exchange information to ensure common ACTION AGAINST HUNGER strategic positioning in humanitarian issues.
- Establish performance objectives for team members and provide effective feedback.
- Contribute to the professional development and improvement of team members.
- Brief staff on security and context changes as needed.
- Analyze and submit bi-weekly situation reports.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a degree in accounting, management, finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus with at least three years of experience with donor funded programs.
- Have exceptional organization and planning skills with experience in supervising and managing a large team.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Be able to provide effective feedback, foster teamwork, promote diverse teams and maintain positive working environment to align with work plan and organizational objectives.
- Have the ability to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Be committed to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER Charter values of: Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination.
- Have previous management and supervisory experience including management of multiple teams/departments.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
The deadline for this position is Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Please note advert may close before the due date once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
100 total views\downloads